- New moms need help-and usually they need more than just meals.
- New moms need lots of help over the first year of her new baby's life-even if its not her first baby.
- Pregnancy takes 10 months (40 weeks), It takes longer to get your pre-pregnancy body back.
- If/When your daughter/son has a baby, be helpful. That means be complimentary,cook, and clean...all done with a smile. She/he just bought your grandchild/children into the world-and that's a big deal.
- A new mom is usually very sensitive. Don't tell a her how much she doesn't look like her child/children -even if it is true.
- Cultivate a loving relationship with your children so that you will be welcomed when they begin their own family.
- Cultivating a relationship includes swallowing pride and saying I'm sorry-even though you felt as though you tried your best or even if you feel you have the right to be right..
- New moms need to hear the phrases: "I think you're a great mom", or even "Happy Mother's Day".
- You will parent differently than your parents, And your children will do things differently than you.
- Above all, never read into things. take things at face value. When in doubt ask, "What did you mean by that?"
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Advice concerning new moms
This is the truth: