Saturday, May 30, 2009
Friday, May 29, 2009
Unfortunately we then become trapped in a cycle of keeping up appearances while clearly dying or struggling and in desperate need of help or just simply friendship. But, you can't ask for any of those for fear of appearing weak. The aftermath of becoming transparent reveals several things about yourself and those you become transparent with:
- You gain a friend- they embrace you.
- Or You lose a friend- they treat you like a leper.
- You quickly see what kind of friend you want to be to others.
- You realize that all the love that is advertised among well meaning do gooders is not what its all cracked up to be.
- You realize quickly who has your back and who is in your corner.
- Your combined experience either cause you to run to the Cross or curse God.
I am so overwhelmed that the God of the universe knows that life can be all consuming and reminds us gently to "Cast all of our cares upon him- because he cares for us". He will give wisdom to any one who asks for it. And because life is what it is, good or bad- He promises to never leave us nor forsake us. It takes more energy to be fake and live under the pretense that life is perfect than, to run to Jesus and cry out to Him. He is there to help and is mighty to save. Why do you think he came? When will we realize He is more than just a Bible story?
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
As of late I have been mourning again over the loss of my beloved crock pot that died from unnatural causes (the cord melted in between the ceramic insert and the unit it sits in). I have come to grips with the fact that I probably won't find another like it and will have to succumb to buying one that is digital. I just really miss throwing stuff together and turning the crock pot on and forgetting about it. Stuff like chili, beef stew, roasted chicken, roast beef, chicken soup etc. I never got a chance to make other yummy stuff in it because her death was so unexpected. I found myself at Barnes and Noble the other night looking at tons of crock pot recipes that went beyond soups and stews and all I could ask myself was, "Why? Why did my crock pot have to die and why hadn't I replaced her by now? " Nevertheless, I got hold of myself before I started to curl up in the fetal position and ball like a baby, and made a decision, "I will get a new crock pot that is built like a tank and she will do her job just like my dearly departed Rival and my house will once again permeate with the aromas of delicious meals that take hours to cook but are so effortless to create". Ladies and Gentlemen, I need to go crock pot shopping.
Friday, May 22, 2009
- We adopted yet another hermit crab yesterday who Rocco named "Adam"
- Today, I realized I had no hermit crab food and decided to give him dry oatmeal which he seems to like- alot.
- My lilac colored inpatients have tripled in size yet, I managed to kill the sunflowers, basil, and perennial mix that I started in doors, last month.
- Mother's Day was great.. Noahkeem bought me a fuscia colored mini dress from Target, Rocco bought me chocolate and Cookie presented me with an award from the local Ruritan Club. A certificate recognizing me as one of the areas "Supermoms" along with the essay she wrote that granted the award.
- Mom's night out has turned into Mom's Consecutive Nights out and has caused me to sleep late on several week days. (bad mommy)
- Dolly seems to be only napping in the car.
- Cookie is starting to cook more in the kitchen. This month she made Tacos and Cous Cous.
- I got into the zoo for free today-although I still had to pay for the kiddos.
- I'm sure there is more but it is late and the brain has shut down for the evening-hours ago.