Unfortunately we then become trapped in a cycle of keeping up appearances while clearly dying or struggling and in desperate need of help or just simply friendship. But, you can't ask for any of those for fear of appearing weak. The aftermath of becoming transparent reveals several things about yourself and those you become transparent with:
- You gain a friend- they embrace you.
- Or You lose a friend- they treat you like a leper.
- You quickly see what kind of friend you want to be to others.
- You realize that all the love that is advertised among well meaning do gooders is not what its all cracked up to be.
- You realize quickly who has your back and who is in your corner.
- Your combined experience either cause you to run to the Cross or curse God.
I am so overwhelmed that the God of the universe knows that life can be all consuming and reminds us gently to "Cast all of our cares upon him- because he cares for us". He will give wisdom to any one who asks for it. And because life is what it is, good or bad- He promises to never leave us nor forsake us. It takes more energy to be fake and live under the pretense that life is perfect than, to run to Jesus and cry out to Him. He is there to help and is mighty to save. Why do you think he came? When will we realize He is more than just a Bible story?