As this year comes to a close, there are many life lessons that I have learned and am still learning. One thing I know for sure is that as much as I want to fast forward many parts of life, I know that certain things are necessary to do to get where I want to be, even if those things are painful and difficult. And that is a hard, hard pill to swallow. Where I want to be is in a place of peace and health for myself and my children.
So here are my Life Lessons-not in their entirety but a long list nevertheless:
- Lesson #1 From my sister: "When people show you who they are, believe them".
- Lesson #2 God Loves the people you hate.
- Lesson#3 Work Hard.
- Lesson#4 Play Hard.
- Lesson#5 Love Hard- even in light of the fact that all life will end one day.
- Lesson#6 Don't ever forget to love and take care of yourself, if you don't, who will?
- Lesson#7 Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to say, "No."
- Lesson#8 Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to say "No More!"
- Lesson#9 It's okay to do things your way-even if it's not perfect.
- Lesson#10 It's okay not to be a superhero.
- Lesson#11 No matter what you do or say God Loves you-completely.
- Lesson#12 Travel! Even if that means opening a book or looking at an atlas.
- Lesson#13 Watch the sun set.
- Lesson#14 Watch the sun rise.
- Lesson#15 Reach back and help those who are where you have been.
- Lesson#16 Reach out and help those who want to be where you are.
- Lesson#17 Tell those you love, that you love them, they can't read your mind.
- Lesson #18 Thank God for the little things, that's where he usually shows himself Big.